miércoles, octubre 19, 2011

R

I have finaly finished a first version of the R-SEXTANTE interface. R algorithms and scripts can now be called from SEXTANTE, as is shown in the next videos:





The first one calls them from gvSIG, while the second one does it from ArcGIS. There are still a couple of additional things to be fixed in ArcGIS, and it won't take loong to do it, but I wanted to upload this notice before going home. I am pretty excited about this new development, since the possibilities of incorporating R in SEXTANTE are almos endless :-)

As you can see, there are just a few algorithms available. Unlike GRASS or SAGA, R algorithms and scripts are not incorporated automatically. Description files have to be created manually. This is very simple to do, and I expect R experts to help us with that (I am not an R expert, just have a very very basic knowledge of it). I have created a few description files as examples, and also created a small manual to document how to do it. You can find it in the documents section of the SEXTANTE website.

I hope you like this new improvement as much as I do.

8 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hi Victor,


Waou! Very nice improvement!!

Anónimo dijo...

Victor,
That's more than amazing.
Thanks

Anónimo dijo...

HI Victor,

i have some question about sextante and Arcgis. Is there any chance for implementing your amazing TOOL (!) in Arcgis 9.3 (ArcInfo)? because there is some problems with java, which is only in ArcGis server and Arcgis engine. Could this be solved in any other way, without changing Arcgis version?

best regard
an

Anónimo dijo...

simply dropping by to say hello

Anónimo dijo...

If you would like to take a good deal from this piece of writing then you have to apply such methods
to your won blog.

Feel free to visit my webpage - plus de followers

Anónimo dijo...

Hi there! I just wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for
your excellent info you have right here on this post.
I'll be coming back to your web site for more soon.

Also visit my page :: augmenter Vues Youtube logiciel

Anónimo dijo...

Hi there! I just wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for your excellent info you have right here on this post.
I'll be coming back to your web site for more soon.

my web page - augmenter Vues Youtube logiciel
my website: augmenter vues youtube

Anónimo dijo...

Hi, I'm a writer based out of Northbrook, United States and I located your site via http://sextantegis.blogspot.com/. Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers? I'm plannіng tο start mу οwn page sοon but I'm a little lost on everything. Do you believe I should begin with a free site like Pixie or shell out some cash into a pay site? There are so many options out there that I'm comρletely оverωhelmed.

.. What would you say?

mу page - http://www.festifit.com/