miércoles, mayo 11, 2011

New website and video tutorials

Maybe you have already realized that I have changed the sextantegis.com website. Instead of redirecting to the OSOR wiki, now it redirects to a minimalistic nice-looking web page, which is, IMHO, much better and more practical.

If you go to the website, you will also see that there is a link to our brand new YouTube channel. I have already uploaded 13 video tutorials (around 3 min each), and plan to add many more in the following days (I try to do 1 or 2 each day...). I am recording them in english, in order to make them useful for everyone (I absolutely do not like my accent, but I hope you find them interesting anyway ;-) ).

Here is a quick list of all the ones that I want to have ready soon:

-the toolbox
-the parameters window
-the output region tab
-output channels
-Results
-tables
-configuration
-history
-capturing points
-the graphical modeler
-modeler inputs
-modeler inputs(II)
-modeler algorithms
-saving and configuring models
-batch processing
-batch processing(II)
-batch processing from open layers
-Numerical results
-Iterative execution of algorithms
-Basic operations with raster layers
-Focal statistics
-Local statistics
-Geomorphometry
-Geomorphometry(II)
-Hydrology
-Hydrology(II)
-The raster calculator
-Using masks
-Overlay operations with vector layers
-Dissolving vector layers
-Basic spatial statistics with vector layers
-Basic transformations for vector layers
-Basic transformations for vector layers(II)
-Creating profiles
-Creating a raster layer from a set of points
-Creating a density layer

Many more can be added to that list (and you can be sure that I will do it), but I would like to have your opinion. Is there anything that you would like to see there? Any process that you would like me to document in a video? If so, please feel free to tell me. I think video tutorials are great and easy to make, so all suggestions are welcome.

8 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Cool! Did I miss the nightly build download?

Nacho Uve dijo...

Great!!

SEXTANTE dijo...

I hope to have the nightly build feature back in the website, but I am trying to automate it on the server side. OSOR doesn't have that kind of feature (though it should...), so I am thinking about how to do it better. I can automate it in my computer, but that is not a guarantee that it will be uploaded regularly, since I work on several different computers and sometimes without internet access...

Will keep you posted.

Thanks everyone for your support

Anónimo dijo...

Hola Victor,

I would like to suggest you a topic for a new video tutorial:
"Merge two or more rasters together".
This task is very useful ;-)

For instance you might explain:
1. how to use the "Merge grids" tool
2. how to merge two or more rasters with the raster calculator.

It would be marvellous to get an in-depth explanation about these tools.
In short, *not* a "click and go" tutorial :-)

For instance, about the "Merge grids tool" what are the differences about the different methods of Interpolation (e.g. Bilinear and so on).

Carlos dijo...

Hola
Estoy buscando información para un trabajo de Agrónomo sobre SIGs.

Me ha llamado la atención el Sextante al ser un proyecto español y extremeño, pero tengo dificultades para encontrar la información sobre él, y en tu blog me encuentro perdido porque parece que trata sobre aspectos informaticos muy complejos para un profano en la materia como yo.

Busco las características como SIG del sextante: qué Modelo Espacial de Datos usa,sus Procedimientos de Análisis,sus propiedades (tipología, fuentes,etc)...

¿sabrías a donde puedo acudir para obtener esa información?

Muchas gracias!

Anónimo dijo...

Genuinely when someone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it occurs.

my homepage: coffee drinkers

Anónimo dijo...

This is a topic that's near to my heart... Best wishes! Exactly where are your contact details though?

Here is my page :: http://www.goldplatinumjewelry.net/picking-out-swift-plans-Of-Modcloth-coupon/

Anónimo dijo...

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.
I believe that you need to publish more about this subject matter, it may
not be a taboo subject but usually folks don't discuss these issues. To the next! Kind regards!!

Feel free to surf to my web site :: next page